Dear Anxiety, Today I Let You Win

Photo source: The Minds Journal on Pinterest


Dear Anxiety, today I let you win
I let you occupy my thoughts
With your cruel whispers of vicious shots
I let you run your fingers all over my scalp 
And squeeze them hard I feel like I’m going bald
I let you turn the table over
Throw my happiness away, store my laugh and smile at bay

Dear Anxiety, today I let you win
I let you ruminate my past
Instead of celebrating my today’s stride
I let you hurt the back of my neck
And make me like a nervous wreck
I let you shrink my feet and limbs
Scream out my cries as if I’ve sinned

I let you ruin me, I let you win.
I let you shred my scars, I let you win.
I let you chase my fears, I let you win.

Dear Anxiety,
Today I accept your presence, I let you win.
But please I want my tomorrow. I want my triumph.

Dear Anxiety, let me win.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts