Year After Year #10YearsOfOneDirection





The remains of your departure were subtle
Yet the pain written on their wrists were visible
Our world changed when you decided to turn the table
And glasses were shattered around our feet inside this bizarre cubicle

We wished upon a sunrise every day from the horizon
Around twilight the sore was getting worse, blurring our vision
Our dreams of making it together had been taken
By the betrayal of devotion that we thought was our weapon

Year after year we grew up apart
The memories of our past were being taken of the carts
So we continued living our best lives
Maturing and fitting in just like they justified

Year after year you still own our hearts
The piece of our childhood, there you can describe
There is no sorrow, we finally realize
Just like we've made history, witnessed by the stars.

--

The piece of poem above was written in order to celebrate July 23rd 2020. 
Happy 10th year anniversary for the band who have changed my life! Can't believe I've been spending the 8 years of my life with them yet it still feels like yesterday when I stumbled upon their funny moments videos on YouTube which made me fall in love. I love you guys, you will always have that special spot in my heart! <3



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts